JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Monday, March 9, 2015

Jesus on the cross

Alex Bent                                                                                                                              3/8/15
Block 1                                                                                                                                Fr.Albert


                                                       Interior Monologue

I would never imagine this would hurt so much… Ahhh... My God help me! I guess my life on Earth is over, I can finally… Mary, mother don’t cry. My death is a way of setting us free. I really hope my disciples keep… Ohhh... God, why forsake me? I wonder how heaven would look? I hope… Did I win? Or lose? These two men beside me… I never would’ve imagined a death like this… But I must remain true to God. After all, I’m the Son of God! So I can’t lose... I shall rise…  And make sure that my disciples are comforted. I must tell them to keep spreading the word of my father’s kingdom. Then I’ll go home… I can’t wait to see God. Wonder what He looks like?...

No comments:

Post a Comment