JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pilate

Interior monologue
Aidan Rodgers

Why are people getting so worked up because of Jesus? What did he do, anyway? All I've heard

about him were positive remarks if nothing else. Above all else, why is he brought here? He's

innocent in my eyes, and... just look at the crowd. I feel like the tension would break any second, and

that wouldn't be right. That can destroy this city as we know it. They seriously think he's guilty, don't

they?... Jesus, a noble icon, getting killed for something so meager... So unimportant... Why? I can't

kill an innocent man, especially not this Jesus fellow. But if I don't, I run the risk of dying. Which is

better... My death or living a life with a stained honor, at least, to me? Will people honestly be happy

without him? I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment