JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Do I Really Deserve This?

Do I deserve this?... Have I really done something so wrong to deserve this?! Why won’t
 
anyone help me? OMG this hurts so much!... All these people are watching, but no one is
 
helping… After all the things i have done for their people... Not even my disciples will help
 
me!... Father, why are you doing this to me?.. You have the power to stop this but why wont
 
you?! Maybe I am not the son of God… Maybe I am just a regular man. No, I am the son of
 
God! Look at all the things I have done in my life… I am have to be the son of God, I am not
 
mortal… Maybe this is a sign, for all the people watching, maybe its a sign for me. I don't 
 
 know… Why God?... Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment