JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, February 19, 2015

What Should I Do ?!

​What am I going to do? I just won the lottery for one million dollars! I want it all for myself,

but there are so many people in the world who need it more than me. I could buy everything I ever

wanted.... The nicest cars! The best designer clothes! All the sneakers I ever wanted! Why would I

give some of this money away? I need this for myself and my family. I never have to work again! My

mother who worked so hard for me to make it this far will never have to work again! I don't think I

could just give some money away. What would someone else do?... There are so many millionaires in

the world and they don’t give a dime back to the people who really need it. But, shouldn’t I be

different? Shouldn’t I set a good example for the rest of the world?... But I don’t know… I want

everything  for myself! What would my dead Grandmother say? She would go crazy if she knew I

was being this selfish. I have to change… I’ll do it for her. I should start a charity, for all children

who are missing adults in their life. I will still have enough money for all the luxuries I want in my

life, or will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment