JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, February 19, 2015

3rd Strike


Renaldo Gang
Br.Tom,Fr. Al                      
This man just stole a candy bar and got caught... To bad it was his last strike... Obviously this man needs some real help... Maybe there is a fine he can pay instead... Nope... He has to serve some years because of his third strike... The things he did before were a robbery... and his second strike was from loitering... It looks like he changed... And he just had horrible luck... Should I give him the chance... The other men here look like they just want to go...
Why does this have to happen now..? I can’t believe it all comes down to me… To decide his fate… Should he go to-...He should not have to go to jail for that… It was only a candy bar… But the law… It says he deserves it… This person's life can be over if I just say yes… Others will understand it because of the third strike… But can I?… This has to happen.. I can’t keep them waiting… Should I ask for a retrial?… No... I need to make a decision… He looks so pitiful over there.. sobbing… I got to choose… It's now or never… He should of never stolen it in the first place... But what was his life like that he had to steal?… a candy bar at that...

No comments:

Post a Comment