JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Day The Earth Stood Still

There they are... In my reach... Almost in my possession... The Jordan Retro Omegas.  
They don't even look like my size though. Omg! They are my size. Is  God giving  
me a gift from heaven? If so, I promise to go to church with grandma every Sunday. I  
know whoever lost these shoes is really upset, but to teach them a lesson about losing  
their belongings, I will take them. It's only fair right? No, I will keep them until the  
owner reports them missing and I will give them back. I really want to be selfish, but  
what if those were my Jordan Retro Omegas that were missing? What would I want that  
person to do with my shoes? But these are not my lost shoes. Finders keepers has  
always been the rule. That's probably what thieves say before they go to jail. I can go  
to juvenile detention for stealing.  It would go on my permanent record and I wouldn't  
be trusted anywhere. My life would be ruined! Wait... What's that? Did someone just  
come in the locker room? 

No comments:

Post a Comment