JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Right From Wrong

I can’t… I just can’t. How can I?  Why would I ask for forgiveness? He was the one… He took my

money. I shouldn't apologize... Not me. Why can’t he be the one? Does it ALWAYS have to be me!?

He’s the one, but I should just apologize… I mean I've done it before so… That’s exactly why I

shouldn't apologize. I’m always the bigger man so I shouldn't apologize… But what will people

think of me?... How will that person treat me from now on? I want people to like me. No, I don’t

care… It’s just that I always... God tells me to love my neighbor though! Ugh this is so frustrating!

Why can’t life just be so simple? I want to go to heaven, but this kid keeps… I have to apologize. If I

deny him, God will deny me.  But it’s just not fair! I should get him back for hitting me. I should rip

his homework, or I should embarrass him somehow… Maybe I will just humiliate him, plain and

simple. Oh! Maybe I should- no stop! Put it together man. I want to go to heaven… I must obey and

apologize. Should I apologize or should I not?  To be or not to be? Haha… That was funny. Stop...

This is serious. Focus. God comes first. So does being just! Ugh!  What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment