JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Monday, February 16, 2015

Interior Monologue - Kingdom

             Nicholas Devasia                                                                                      2/16/15                                  Religion 2 – Block 1                                                                       Fr. Albert – Br. Thomas
Interior Monologue (B)

           *** A man is trying to decide whether to tell this guy that he dropped his $20 ; or take it and spend it on food at his favorite place***
            Wow, I’m hungry… I think it’s time for some lunch. Where to go to is the question… Wendy’s... McDonald’s... Burger King... I think I want to go to my favorite place… Wendy’s it is. I have no money though… Wait. Did this guy just drop a $20 dollar bill? No… Wait... Yes he did! I’m going to get three orders of fries now! Oh… that guy seems so innocent. Probably late for work, running to catch the bus he just missed… Do I want to steal from this guy? I would not want anyone stealing from me… But I’m hungry and I have no money… But it’s also bad to steal. Maybe this one time will be fine… Just once… And I’ll go to church after… Maybe not… No... I can’t do that to him… It’s not right. I should give it back to him… It is for the better.  Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment