JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Daqwan's story

I have no money... I am broke.. How will I get money?.. I have no education... No one will hire me...

I'm sick and I am tired.. I'm hungry... My kids are hungry... No woman wants a man that can't even

put food on the table... My life is awful... What can I do?... What?... Nothing... Except... Hustle... Do

I really want to take this risk though?... Putting my life at caution... Aww man I don't know... Starve

or do it for the family?... Such a hard decision... I got it... I'll just make a couple of sales... Then I'll

stop... Shoot I might even be good at this... Mess around and own the trap game... But, then again...

What if I get caught?... Is it really worth the risk?... Naw, I won't get caught... Everybody does it...

Even my dad did it... I got this... But wait... My dad is in jail right now... Maybe this isn't a good
idea... You know what... I'm going to go to county college... I'm going to do good... Then I'm going

to a University and receive my diploma... And then...

No comments:

Post a Comment