JESUS' "AHA!" MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Nicholas Devasia                                                      3/315
Fr. Al - Br. Tom                                                 Religion 2
#4 Interior Monologue
"Pain... tons of it. Nailed to a cross. My time is almost up… This is too much for me. My father is

calling me to join his Kingdom. Look at my disciples… Leaving the world as I know it…

Unbelievable. Gone forever… Not alive or present… Just dead. Help me… Someone… I’m hurt.

Broken… But it’s my sacrifice… I can barely breathe now… I can’t hold much longer. What’s better,

suffering or letting go?… I need to know. Take me father… Too much pain. Stop the suffering… It's

unbearable, and non-stop… I can’t help to cry out for help. I’m witnessing my own death with my

disciples. I’m embarrassed… But I was told to do this… I’m destined to suffer for I am the Son of

Man… My Abba… Father… Please… It’s time. My time has come… Take me, to your Kingdom…

Where I will be next to you for life eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment